If you a student considering graduate-level research opportunities, look at what RCP has to offer:
- Experience a unique, multidisciplinary research approach to reservoir characterization
- Focus on real-world challenges with real-world datasets
- Work with world-class faculty, seasoned industry professionals, and other students
- Learn the best approach to practical problem solving in a close, collaborative atmosphere
- Contribute research and analytical insights on an active reservoir development project
- Gain access to valuable summer internship experiences
- Present research and interact with industry professionals at sponsor meetings
- Opportunities to visit active field and observe operations and seismic acquisition project
Highly sought-after RCP graduates are heavily recruited and well prepared to contribute immediately in the workplace. RCP alumni are among the world’s leading managers and top decision-makers in our industry today.
We’re Looking for You!
RCP seeks students with strong academic records, good communication skills and initiative, and a desire to work as part of an interdisciplinary team to pursue MSc or PhD degrees in Geophysics.
The RCP experience prepares students for today’s asset teams with a sound understanding of the key contributions of geology, geophysics, geomechanics and engineering to better perform reservoir characterization. The emphasis on integration forms the foundation of RCP’s strong reputation for excellence.
Where Are We?
The Colorado School of Mines is located in the foothills of beautiful Colorado, USA, an area known for its outdoor sports and recreation opportunities, unique culture and natural diversity.
Guggenheim HallRCP’s research facilities are part of the Geophysics Department, with access to state of the art computing capabilities, software applications and other department resources. Enjoy the advantages of a world-class research institution with a size that allows for personal attention.
Contact the Department of Geophysics at the Colorado School of Mines, and the Mines Office of Graduate Studies for more information on the graduate school application process, prerequisites, deadlines and other important information.
Office of Graduate Studies, Colorado School of Mines
1500 Illinois Street
Golden, Colorado, USA 80401-1887
Learn more about RCP:
- View our Consortium sponsor companies
- Meet our faculty and staff
- Meet our graduate students
- Browse our current research projects
- View/download RCP brochures and information
Questions? Contact us.